Also referred to as cowpeas.
Approx. 2 1/4 cups per pound.
Spicy Aduki Bean Hummus
- 1 cup cooked adzuki beans (cooled if cooked on the same day)
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove (or one teaspoon of garlic powder)
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Additional water to desired consistency
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine first 9 ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add water and blend to desired consistency (1 tablespoon at a time). Season to taste with salt and pepper.